April 20th, 2010 | Posted in: technology
OK people, while I am fighting a jet lag and working hard to complete my NY To Do list for you, this just has to be shared! It has arrived: iPhone 4G. An Apple engineer actually lost it in a bar (ouch), and Gizmodo got their hands on it. And the fact that Apple has officially requested it back confirms it is the real deal.
So, whats new?
- Front-facing video chat camera
- Improved regular back-camera (the lens is quite noticeably larger than the iPhone 3GS) with flash.
- Micro-SIM instead of standard SIM (like the iPad)
- Improved display.
- What looks to be a secondary mic for noise cancellation, at the top, next to the headphone jack
- Split buttons for volume
- Power, mute, and volume buttons are all metallic
- The back is entirely flat, made of either glass (more likely) or ceramic or shiny plastic in order for the cell signal to poke through.
- An aluminum border going completely around the outside
- 3 grams heavier
- Larger battery
Want more? Check out all the details at Gizmodo.
Three guesses what my next phone will be?